After realizing I needed to start living a healthier lifestyle, I decided to sit down and analyze my eating and drinking habits. Like I mentioned in my last post, I began commuting to work after getting married so much of my habits were centered around convenience. Instead of drinking water on my way to work and throughout the day, I began drinking coffee, Dunkin Donuts in particular, and tea. I know myself well enough to know that getting my eating and drinking under control is one of the main ways I have lost and maintained weight in the past.
|via Food Matters|
I decided to rev up my use of lemon water. I started drinking lemon water after one of my favorite estheticians shared with me that it is great for clear skin. I've been drinking lemon water, just a few drops of lemon in a bottle of water ever since, and it's now one of my number one tips I give women when it comes to taking care of their skin. Lemon water has great overall health benefits.
Check out some of the health benefits of lemon water from Food Matters:
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It helps cure the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
See more health benefits of lemon water here.
Since I've replaced most of my previous drink indulgences with lemon water, I've seen a difference in my body. My stomach has been flatter (mainly because it increases bathroom use), skin brighter and less hungry. Also, I have noticed that some lemon from concentrate has an acidic taste. I have opted to all natural lemon juice from not from concentrate from Whole Foods. Much smoother and easier to drink!
|Smoother, Brighter Skin!|
Do you drink lemon water?
God bless & stay fabellis,