Pink is one of my favorite colors. It has always struck me as a pretty, feminine yet bold color. I love that pink can go from lighter shades like blush all way to darker shades like fuschia. When I recently saw these Lane Bryant pants in store, I was drawn to the color and cut of the pants. It's hard to go wrong with a wide leg trouser and when I tried them on, it was love. The great thing about these pants is that they can be worn all year long, but what better month to wear them in than October.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This month is important because breast cancer is so prevalent that almost everyone knows someone affected by this disease. In fact, one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. As I started thinking about this month, I felt it would be great to not only share a few facts on breast cancer, but how you can easily wear pink to the office.
A great way to wear pink to work is by pairing it with a neutral. For a paler pink, try pairing with camel or brown. For a darker pink, try pairing with black like in this post. In today's post, I paired these pink pants with a faux leather top, boots and a suede hat.
Below are Facts on Breast Cancer in the United States:
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 440 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
To learn more, click here.
|Lane Bryant Faux Suede Hat|
Lane Bryant Otis Laser Cut Jacket (Similar)
Lane Bryant Faux Leather Top (Cute option!)
Lane Bryant Lena Wide Leg Trouser
Lane Bryant Mid-Height Ankle Boot
Lane Bryant Aviator Mirrored Sunglasses
How will you be honoring Breast Cancer Awareness this month?
God bless & stay fab,