Happy Sunday! I hope you all have enjoyed your Sunday just as much as I have. I have worked a LOT this week and I was thankful for a day off. I wanted to post a blog today because I was inspired by a recent conversation I had with a friend last night.
She and I both have natural hair and as we were riding together, we started talking about shampoos. She complained that her shampoo makes her hair "too clean" and strips it of moisture. I let her know that it's important to use shampoos without sulfates. I am nowhere near an expert on natural hair products, but I have found a few things that work for me that I thought I'd share.
1. Creme of Nature Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner - I use this product often for detangling. After washing my hair, I love to apply this, detangle and then add my curling product. It is an awesome detangler.
2. Herbal Essences Hydralicious Conditioner - I use this product mainly for co-washing. It adds a great amount of moisture to my hair and I love the smell. I used this a LOT during the summer.
3. Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo - Well, well, well... The infamous Shea Moisture! I have to be honest. I'm not really a fan of most of the Shea Moisture products. They don't give me as much curl definition as I'd like; however, I love this shampoo. It does not contain sulfates and it leaves my hair clean and soft. It works extremely well with my hair.
4. Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Conditioner - This is another great conditioner that I use for either co-washing or simply to condition my hair after the Shea Moisture shampoo. I particularly like this shampoo because it gives moisture and gives a little bit of curl definition as well. Also, I enjoy the smell. The smell reminds me of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding; however, a lot of people find that smell rather strong so not everyone will be a fan of this.
5. Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam - Because of my schedule, if I do my natural hair, I mainly do wash & go's and this is what I use as my finishing product after my conditioner. It gives me the perfect curly fro. It's a mousse that's made to create wavy/curly hair. I love it because my hair comes out perfect each time. Also, it can be used on dry hair as well so it's great for next-day hair.
Well, these are the main products I use on my natural hair. With natural hair, the key is keeping your hair moisturized. Besides co-washes, I'm a big fan of olive oil on my hair as well for shine and moisture.
|My Natural Hair (current)|
God bless & enjoy the rest of your Sunday!