As I am revving up for "I Love Thrifting" Day this weekend, I wanted to share some thrifting tips with you. Although I love thrifting, I thought it would the perfect time for my great friend Nic from Nic's Picks to share some of her top thrifting tips. Nic is an avid thrifter and she has picked up some of the best thrifting finds I have ever seen.
Check out her top five thrifting tips:
1. Scan your closet.
- What do I have? What do I need?
2. Make a list.
- List your needs/wants.
3. Decide on a budget.
- It is so easy to overspend because thrifted items are inexpensive; however, budgeting is key. Decide what you really need based on season, event, etc.
4. Have a plan.
- A good thrifting trip for me takes anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on the size of the store and the size of my list.
- When you enter the thrift store, do a walk through. Make a note of where everything is before you start to shop; this will also help decrease impulsive shopping.
5. GRAB IT & TRY IT!
- If you see something that you like, grab it! Try it on over your clothes, if possible, then decide.
- I usually wear something comfy while thrifting so I won't have to go in the dressing room to try things on. It saves a lot of time!
Nic has scored some great pieces while thrifting. Check out some of her top thrifted finds below:
|Thrifted Sunglasses: Only 96 Cents!|
|Thrifted Dress & Blazer: Under $10!|
|Thrifted Suit: Only $10!|
|Thrifted Sequin Dress, Pumps & Earrings: Under $20!|
Nic's finds are just a clear example of how you can dress fabulous and be on a budget. She has definitely been an inspiration for me. Want to connect with Nic? Check out the social networks she's on:
Facebook: Nic James
Blog: Nic's Picks
Are you going thrifting on "I Love Thrifting" Day? Tweet your pictures on July 7 using the hashtag, #ilovethrifting. Thanks for reading & God bless!