When I first saw MahoganyCurls' Curly Fro video, I was immediately in awe of how beautiful her curls were. I decided that that would be my holiday hairstyle. So last Tuesday evening, I made up my mind to give the style a try. I changed a few of the steps to achieve the hairstyle. Keep reading to see how I achieved this style!
Check out how I achieved these results below:
1. I washed my hair with Shea Moisture African Black Soap, conditioned with Tresemme Naturals Conditioner and used Finickey Leave-In Conditioner.
2. I sectioned and detangled my hair.
3. I took sections of my hair, applied EcoStyler Argan Oil gel to my hair and rolled it using perm rods from Sally's.
4. I let my hair dry overnight and removed the perm rods in the morning.
5. I pulled the curls apart, fluffed and done!
- At night, I covered my hair with a satin bonnet and in the morning, fluffed with my fingers and a hair pick.
Note: The only difference between what I did and MahoganyCurls' video was that I put the perm rods in wet hair versus dry hair and I used EcoStyler Argan Oil gel versus EcoStyler Protein Gel.
Would you try the curly fro?
God bless & stay fabellis!