I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Even though I worked a lot during my Thanksgiving break, I was thankful to have time to spend with my family.
Today's Product Monday is going to be just a little different. I wanted to highlight my favorite brand of lip liners, which is MAC. I have been using MAC's lip liners since mid-college and although I have drifted away from many of my once-coveted MAC products, this is one I simply will not and cannot shake.
A lot of bloggers have done comparisons between NYX and MAC lip liners. I did that comparison myself around a year ago and NYX does not even compare to MAC's longevity. MAC's lip liners have more of a dry, matte form that allow them to stay on your lips for hours. It is the perfect liner for those who work 8-5 like myself or simply do not have time to re-apply makeup throughout the day. This is the perfect way to make any lipstick or gloss LAST.
Below are my top five MAC lip liners:
|(Top - Bottom): Chestnut, Oak, Magenta, Plum & Redd|
|(Left to Right): Redd, Plum, Magenta, Oak, & Chestnut|
- Redd - This color goes perfect with red shades, dark pinks and even coral colors. (Note: MAC now has an orange lip liner called What A Blast that is perfect with Sephora's Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Coral Glow.)
- Plum - This color is ideal for plum/purple lip colors. It also can be worn with dark reds such as Wet & Wild's Mega Last Lip Color in Cherry Bomb.
- Magenta - This quite possibly is my favorite of the five liners. This color is perfect with fuschia lip colors such as Sephora's Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Fuschia Fever or Wet & Wild's Mega Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum Fairy.
- Oak - This is the best nude colored lip pencil I have ever used. This is ideal for nude shades. It goes great with Mark by Avon's Bare Hug lipstick.
- Chestnut - This is the first of the liners that I ever owned. This is the perfect liner to go with lip gloss. I enjoy using it with MAC's lipgelee in Straight to the Head.
Where to Buy: MAC in-store or online
Do you own any of MAC's lip liners? Do you like NYX's lip liners better?
Thanks for reading & God bless!