Would you believe that Friday marked five weeks since I had my crochet braids installed? Wow! That means I have successfully been rocking synthetic hair for five weeks. I remember sitting in the stylist's chair and asking how long people usually wear crochet braids and her reply was anywhere from three to four weeks. I knew in my head I was going to do everything possible to push these suckers to six weeks. Thankfully, I am almost there and my hair still looks great. How am I maintaining my hair you ask?
Below are simple steps I am taking to maintain my crochet braids:
- At night, I gather my hair into a low ponytail and sleep with a satin bonnet.
- I clip away straight or straggly ends when necessary.
- Since the hair is becoming older (and bigger), clipping the ends is not at all noticeable.
- I spray my hair with water/oil mix and moisturize with Cantu Hair Lotion when necessary.
- I have done this twice since having my hair installed.
Although I know these steps may not work for everyone, these have been very beneficial in maintaining my crochet braids. They are soft and bouncy. See my post on the installation of my crochet braids here.
How do you maintain your crochet braids? Share ways you maintain any protective style!
God bless & stay fabellis,